It’s time to team up. Whether you'd like to increase your activity level, reduce stress, improve your eating habits, lose weight, quit tobacco or just feel better every day, a Providence health coach can help. We’re here to remove barriers, support your efforts, motivate you when you need a nudge and be a resource on your journey to a healthier, happier you.
Providence Medicare Advantage Plans offers two health coaching program tracks, depending on the nature of your goals and desired level of coaching support throughout the program. Both program tracks are offered at no cost to eligible Providence Medicare Advantage plan members.
The Providence standard health coaching program offers:
- One-on-one health coaching sessions
- Personalized goal setting with manageable steps
- A program designed to empower you to achieve health goals
- Guidance to help you take action toward healthier lifestyle
- Educational materials
- Other resources to support your success in the program
The Providence Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyle (H.E.A.L.) Program:
- A yearlong program with 26 sessions led by a certified health coach delivered in a 1:1 or webinar format
- Designed to prevent Type 2 diabetes and promote moderate weight loss, modeled off of the CDC Diabetes Prevention (Prevent T2) curriculum
- Access to a free wearable activity tracker and educational materials
To learn more about the H.E.A.L Program or for more information on eligibility, how to enroll, or to access our video lessons, visit our H.E.A.L. Program page.Learn more
Get results that last
92 percent of health coaching participants made at least one improvement to their health and wellness. Participants who worked with a coach on weight management and completed 8 or more sessions lost an average of 11 pounds.
- By phone at 888-819-8999 or 503-574-6000
- By email at email@example.com
- By filling out the Health Coaching interest form below
Health Coaching services are not available for all members. To determine program eligibility, please contact the health coaching program using the form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-819-8999 or 503-574-6000. Our offices are open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Pacific time). Appointments outside regular business hours may be available upon request.
Health Coaching interest form
Once you complete the form below, a member of the coaching team will be in contact with you with 1-2 business days to confirm whether you're eligible and enroll you in the program.
The program was flexible and adjusted to more reasonable personal goals. I was left with tools that can be applied to other goals.
Dave, Health Coaching participant
Healthy Bites Podcast
Join Providence’s professional health coaches along an informative journey to help you move more, identify smart ways to lose or manage weight and navigate the latest information on health and well-being trends. You’ll get practical advice that will empower you to create sustainable lifestyle changes. These small bite podcasts are about 20 minutes - perfect for your commute or neighborhood walk.
Healthy Bites Episodes
Episode 1: Creating a Wellness Vision
Thinking about making some changes? Maybe you have decided that it is time for you to do something different, but you are not sure where to begin? In this podcast Will and Colleen discuss…
- Creating a wellness vision to enhance motivation
- Overcoming ambivalence
- Setting effective goals
Episode 2: Diet-based Culture
Explore some modern social trends and movements regarding diet and how your current eating patterns may be influenced by them. In this podcast Will and Colleen discuss…
- Diet culture
- Body positivity movement
- Intuitive eating
- Self-efficiency strategies
Episode 3: Mindfulness and Self-Care
Do you struggle to find the time for self-care? Or maybe you find self-care to feel selfish? In this podcast Will and Colleen discuss…
- Barriers to self-care
- Effective self-care and mindfulness practices
- Building resilience and improving self-care
Episode 4: Plant-based Diets
From vegan to flexitarian, there are many types of plant-based diets. In this podcast Will and Colleen discuss…
- Plant-based nutrition basics
- Benefits of plant-based nutrition
- Nutritional considerations with plant-based nutrition
Episode 5: Successful Home Exercise
Having a consistent exercise routine can be challenging with gym closures, inclement weather, and busy schedules. Learn how to build a successful home exercise space and routine. In this podcast Will and Colleen discuss…
- Principles of exercise
- Creating a successful home exercise environment
- Staying Motivated
- Tips on exercise equipment and resources
Episode 6: Sleep
Getting enough sleep is invaluable to your total health and wellbeing. Even if you're getting the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep per day, your sleep quality can be disrupted by various factors, and can affect your mood and energy during the day. This podcast will discuss...
- What sleep does for the body
- Why we get sleepy
- Factors of poor quality sleep
- How to improve sleep quality
Episode 7: Surviving the Holiday Season
The holiday season presents an assortment of demands: shopping, cooking, cleaning and entertaining, to name a few. Pandemic-induced stress and anxiety only add to the mix, meaning your holiday plans probably look and feel much different this year. This month, Will and Colleen sit down with Dr. Miles Hassell from the Providence Comprehensive Risk Reduction Clinic and author of Good Food, Great Medicine to discuss tips and strategies to help turn this holiday season into an opportunity to improve your overall well-being.
In this podcast, the Providence team will discuss:
- Tips to include physical activity into your holiday schedule
- Healthy food choices during social gatherings
- Lifestyle choices to improve your immunity