Health and wellness resources
With a Providence Health Assurance medical plan, you have access to the following free resources:
Starting January 2018, you can get free help from a health coach through the Providence Health Coaching Program. They can help you reach a health goal:
- Managing or losing weight
- Eating better
- Quitting tobacco
- Preventing or managing diabetes
- Controlling stress
- Getting better sleep
Providence Care Management is a team of patient assist specialists, clinical support workers and registered nurses.
They can help with:
- Finding a doctor
- Scheduling a ride to see your doctor
- Finding a provider for the care you need: Dentist, Primary doctor, Counselor or mental health provider
- Answering medical questions
- Finding your way through the health care system, for example: Who to see, what hospital to choose, coordinating care when you see more than one doctor, and health education.
If you need an interpreter, please let them know. This is a free service for you. You can call them at 800-662-1121, TTY: 711, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sometimes you may have needs that are not covered by your health plan. Providence Health Assurance has a fund that the Oregon Health Plan calls Health-Related Services. Health-Related Services are items like temporary lodging, food, household essentials, cell phones and service plans which allow you the ability to stay connected to your care team and providers. These items can be key to your health and may be covered under this fund. Any health care provider can make a request for you. If you think you need access to health-related services, please talk to your Primary Care Provider (PCP).
If you have any questions about health-related services please contact Providence Health Assurance Customer Service at 503-574-8200 or 800-898-8174, TTY:711, or Providence Health Assurance Care Management at 503-574-7427, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Quitting takes practice, patience and support. Providence is here to help you.
- Providence Health Coaching Program- Work one on one with a health coach to come up with a personalized plan and help you reach your goal. Get started online or call 503-574-6000 or 888-819-8999, TTY: 711.
- Online program - The American Lung Association of Oregon's Freedom From Smoking® program offers a lot of options to help you quit smoking. To learn more about the online program, please visit the Freedom From Smoking® Online website.
- Telephone program - Quit for Life is designed for smokers who want a structured program but cannot attend a regular class. To register, please call 866-QUIT-4LIFE (866-784-8454), TTY: 711. This program is free for Providence Health Assurance members.
Ride to Care
Do you need a ride to your doctor appointment? Ride to Care provides free, non-urgent rides for covered appointments. They can also help you with other items like bus tickets or mileage reimbursement. You can call them at 1-855-321-4899, TTY:711, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your Health Share of Oregon member handbook can tell you more about this. You can also learn more online.
Health and exercise classes
As a Providence Health Assurance member, you can take Providence health and wellness classes – many at a discount. Take a fitness class, like Zumba or yoga, or learn more about a health issue.
Find a class or event