Providence provides members with a comprehensive list of generic and brand name prescription drugs covered under their health plan, known as a formulary, designed to promote safe, effective, and affordable medication. Every drug on the formulary has been approved based on safety, quality and cost-effectiveness. On the formulary, drugs are categorized into tiers, with drugs in the lowest tiers costing the least, and drugs in higher tiers costing more.
Search your plan’s formulary
There are a number of ways to see if your prescription is included in the formulary. You can search alphabetically or by entering a portion of the drug name.
Find an in-network pharmacy
Tips to help you save when you need a prescription
- Choose generics when possible.
- Use an in-network retail pharmacy. Search the online provider directory to find an in-network pharmacy near you.
- Fill maintenance medications (medications taken on a regular, recurring basis for a chronic or long-term health condition) at preferred retail or mail-order pharmacy. You can purchase up to a 90-day supply.
- Have certain medications pre-authorized before they are filled.
- The $0 Preventive Medication List is made up of drugs that can be considered “first-line” to prevent the onset of a disease or medical condition(s) and can help maintain health and wellbeing.
Our pharmacy network gives access to thousands of participating pharmacies nationwide. With in-person and mail-order options, members can conveniently access the prescriptions they need. Members can fill 30 or 90-day supplies. Filling 90-day supplies saves member money, as they are available at two-times the tier copay. To find a pharmacy, visit the provider directory for a pharmacy near you.
Up to a 90-day supply of medication can be delivered directly to a member’s home. This service is available from both Costco Home Delivery and Postal Prescription Services (PPS). To sign up for a mail-order pharmacy use the contact information below, or for more information see the prescription delivery section of this page.
Postal Prescription Services
Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
P.O. Box 2718, Portland, OR 97208
Automated refill line available 24/7, 365 days a year: 800-552-6694
Costco Home Delivery
Monday – Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pacific Time)
(Pharmacy is available 24/7 to refill prescriptions, order new prescriptions and check prescription status.)
802 134th St. SW, Ste 140, Everett, WA 98204-7314
Contact Costco Home Delivery Pharmacy by email:
All covered members and their qualified dependents have access to these mail order pharmacies. Please call the Providence Health Plan Pharmacy Department at 877-216-3644 if you have questions.
Specialty drugs are medications that require special delivery, handling, administration, and monitoring by a pharmacist. These drugs are listed on the formulary with a status of "specialty". Most specialty drugs are available through our preferred specialty pharmacy, Credena Health. Our specialty care coordination team will help ensure members get access to the appropriate pharmacy and care they require.
- Specialty drugs are available through Credena Health.
- Some specialty drugs are denoted as Limited Access (LA) on the formulary. Credena Health may not be able to provide some of these medications since they are limited to only a few specialty pharmacies. For more information, consult your provider and pharmacy directory or call Customer Service at 877-216-3644 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Pacific time).