Medication Therapy Management
The Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program is a voluntary and free service for eligible Providence Medicare Advantage Plans members. This program was developed by pharmacists and physicians to help you be sure your medications are working to improve your health. This service is offered by Providence Medicare Advantage Plans to its members and is not considered part of your insurance benefit package.
Our highly trained clinical pharmacists will review your medications with you to find any possible problems and answer any questions you may have about your medications.
During this conversation, the clinical pharmacist will:
- Complete a full review and assessment of your medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, supplements, etc.
- Answer any questions you may have about your medications
- Help you:
- Better understand your medications
- Work on any issues with taking your medications
- Reduce your risk for serious medication problems
- Identify less expensive medication options, if available
As part of the MTM program, each member will receive an offer of a telephone conversation with the clinical pharmacist. This conversation usually takes 20 to 40 minutes and includes a comprehensive medication review (CMR) of all your medications.
After the conversation, you will receive a summary of the visit including a medication action plan with any recommendations you and your pharmacist discussed. You will also get a personal medication list that will include all the medications you’re taking and why you take them. You may also print a blank medication form (PDF).
Targeted medication reviews (TMRs) are also conducted throughout the year. These TMRs address specific or potential medication-related problems and are used to assess medication use and monitor whether any issues need attention. You may be contacted by the clinical pharmacist if they have any questions.
You are eligible for the MTM Program if you:
- Are a member of a Providence Medicare Advantage prescription drug plan
- Use eight or more Part D medications
- Spend $4,935 or more per year on your Part D medications.
- Have three or more of these health conditions:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart Failure
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Are an At-Risk Beneficiary under a Drug Management Program (DMP)
If you are eligible based on the above criteria, we will automatically enroll you in the program and mail information to you. We will call you to schedule a telephone appointment with the clinical pharmacist. You may also request MTM materials and information by calling the phone number listed at the bottom of this page. If you decide not to participate, please notify us and we will disenroll you from the program.
You may also enroll yourself. If you or your doctor feel you would benefit from this service, simply call the Providence MTM Team at 877-216-3644 (TTY: 711), option 4, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time), Monday through Friday, and have your Providence Medicare Advantage Plans card available. The MTM team will take care of the brief enrollment steps and set up your appointment.