November 17, 2022
Open Enrollment 101: Everything Members Need to Know before Making a Decision for 2023 Coverage
Open enrollment for 2023 health coverage is here! From November 1st through January 15th, Oregonians and Washingtonians have the option to switch health insurance coverage or enroll in a new plan altogether.
For many, it can be difficult to know which plan or option is best for you. Providence is here to help you make that decision. Below you can find general information on open enrollment and helpful tips and resources for you to consider when selecting a Providence plan that fits your needs.
I am a current Providence member; how do I make sure I am re-enrolled for 2023 coverage?
If you are a current member and are satisfied with your plan, you will automatically be re-enrolled for the same coverage for 2023. During this year’s open enrollment period, we encourage all members to view new plan updates and offerings to determine if you still have coverage that best suits your care needs.
What if I want to change my Providence plan for 2023?
We make switching plans easy! You can learn more about Providence’s individual and family plans here, including benefits, perks and other resources. Our dedicated team of caregivers specializes in the open enrollment period and can help members navigate their options and answer questions.
I am not a Providence member but want to enroll. How do I enroll in a Providence plan?
We have a variety of plans available to members with different needs. You can view all our plan offerings, including individual and family plans for 2023, here. If you are a business owner and want to offer Providence coverage to your employees, you can learn more about our employer options here.
Oregon residents may also purchase Providence individual and family plans through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace and financial assistance may be available to help with premiums. To see if you qualify for assistance, you can apply for coverage at HealthCare.gov.
If you are a resident in the state of Washington and reside in a Providence service area, individual and family plans may be purchased directly from Providence or through an insurance producer.
I am not a current Providence member but am thinking about making the change. What separates Providence from other available plans?
As part of a comprehensive and trusted care network, Providence plans offer high-quality, easy-to-access, and affordable coverage, leading to a more seamless healthcare experience. Members have the flexibility to choose award-winning Providence hospitals, clinics, and physicians in the region.
What are some perks or benefits I can expect from a Providence plan?
Unique benefits and perks available to members include:
- Behavioral health resources like:
- A direct access line to a dedicated behavioral health and substance abuse service support team that includes a crisis-trained staff, available 24/7 for members.
- The Providence Behavioral Health Concierge, where members can access virtual and confidential same-day or next-day appointments at no cost, with Providence licensed behavioral health professionals Expanded telehealth and digital resources, such as virtual video sessions with licensed therapists and psychiatrists.
- Our ExpressCare Virtual platform that offers members 24/7 access to innovative telehealth care, including same-day appointments and the ability to connect with a provider from anywhere.
- Health and fitness tools to help members live well-balanced lives, including:
- A Health Coaching Program that connects you with a Providence health coach who can help you set and meet health and fitness goals, such as losing weight, quitting smoking and improving eating habits.
- Active&Fit Direct™ Program where you can choose from more than 16,000 participating fitness centers and YMCAs nationwide for $25 a month (plus a $25 enrollment fee and applicable taxes; 2-month commitment required), as well as access to 4,000 free digital workouts.**
- A ChooseHealthy® Program that allows you to save money on wellness products and memberships to help make better choices. This comprehensive online platform is available at no extra cost to Providence members. You can save up to 25% on specialty health provider services, and access free online resources and self-guided classes on health improvement.
What if I have additional questions?
For any questions on Individual or Family plans and benefits, please visit: https://www.providencehealthplan.com/individuals-and-families.
If you want to learn more about how health insurance works, please visit: https://www.providencehealthplan.com/members/benefits-101.
** Pricing, terms and programs for Active&Fit Direct™ are subject to change.