Columbia Sportswear Pride ERG
Providence Health Plan believes health is a human right and every person deserves the chance to live their healthiest life. We promise to strengthen the diverse communities we serve, inclusive of those who identify as LGBTQ+. Our commitment is to welcome all and treat one another with respect and dignity.
Benefits and Wellness Resources
Gender Affirmation Treatment
Benefits are provided for gender affirming services for the treatment of the primary diagnosis of gender dysphoria. Covered services include, but are not limited to, mental health, prescription drug, and medically necessary surgical procedures. Coverage is provided at the applicable benefit level for the type of covered services received, as shown in your benefit summary. Treatment of gender dysphoria must be received from licensed providers and facilities and is subject to your provider, inpatient or outpatient network facility benefit.
Providence Health Plan is pleased to provide plan members with a comprehensive prescription drug formulary designed to promote safe, effective, and affordable drug therapy.
Your formulary includes many preventive care medications, as well as those that help you get better if you’re already sick.
Providence Health Plan encourages you to get the COVID-19 vaccine wherever there is availability. All COVID-19 vaccines approved or authorized for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are highly effective at preventing hospitalizations and death from COVID-19.
Read our COVID-19 notice for answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
For more information, visit the Providence COVID-19 info hub.
Providence Behavioral Health Network
We're here for you when you need us.
At Providence, we value whole self-care for all members. That’s why we’ve enhanced our focus on behavioral health and substance abuse services. To help simplify the way you get whole self-care, we’ve established a direct access line to a dedicated behavioral health and substance abuse service support team that includes a crisis-trained staff. This team is available 24/7 for members.
Find an in-network behavioral health provider in a few steps:
- Log in to your myProvidence account
- Click the provider directory to find a provider in your area
- Contact the provider and make an appointment – no referral required
Need behavioral health or substance abuse services assistance?
One of our support team members can help. The support team is available 24/7, every day. Call 800-878-4445.
Providence Behavioral Health Concierge
Behavioral health support is only a call or click away
Providence Health Plan members and dependents in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, California, and Texas can access virtual and confidential same-day or next-day appointments at no cost, with Providence licensed behavioral health professionals. This evidence-based and solution-focused service is a convenient way to seek help from a mental health provider.
The Behavioral Health Concierge offers:
- Help with life stressors, mental health and addiction issues
- Support for you and your family
- Counseling, care guidance and self-help tools
- All appointments are virtual
- Translation services available upon request
- HSA plans are subject to deductible first and then covered in full (for more information, call customer service*)
Schedule an appointment today
Call 877-744-WELL (877-744-9355) from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Pacific Time), seven days a week.
Behavioral Health Concierge is owned and operated by Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH).
In vitro fertilization and fertility
Benefits for fertility services are provided through Unified Life and covered as described as below.
Covered services include the following:
- Diagnostic testing and associated office visits to determine the cause of infertility. This includes the physical examination, related laboratory testing, instruction, and medical/surgical procedures when performed for the sole purpose of diagnosing and treating an infertile state. Diagnostic services for the treatment of infertility include, but are not limited to, hysterosalpingogram, laparoscopy and pelvic ultrasound.
- Artificial insemination, limited to a lifetime maximum of six (6) cycles and sperm wash;
- Cost of acquiring semen only if the donor is the legal spouse of the recipient;
- Infertility-related prescription drugs or injectables administered by an in-network provider;
- Covered infertility-related supplies;
- In vitro fertilization services, egg freezing and storage, and including Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) and Zygote Intrafallopian Transplant (ZIFT);
- Charges for donor semen from donor banks or other providers; and
- Charges for harvesting and storage of semen other than for immediate use.
Find a provider who is part of the LGBTQ+ community
The Provider Directory has recently been updated to include more search options such as personal and professional attributes to help you select a provider. This includes whether the provider is a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
Check out the updated Provider Directory today. For the best experience and most accurate options, have your member ID card with you.