November 23, 2021
Open Enrollment 101: Everything Members Need to Know before Making a Decision for 2022 Coverage
The open enrollment period for 2022 coverage has arrived. From November 1st through January 15th, individuals in Oregon and Washington state will have the option change their health insurance coverage or enroll in a new plan altogether.
For many, it can be difficult to know which plans or options best suit their individual or family healthcare needs. Providence is here to offer guidance to help you make that decision. Below you can find general information on open enrollment and helpful tips and resources for you to consider when selecting a Providence plan that best fits your needs.
I am a current Providence member; how do I make sure I am re-enrolled for 2022 coverage?
If you are a current member and are satisfied with your plan, you will automatically be re-enrolled for the same coverage for 2022. During this year’s open enrollment period, we encourage all members to view new plan updates and offerings to determine which plan best suits your needs.
What if I want to change my Providence plan for 2022?
You can easily change your health insurance plan to best suit your needs. You can learn more about Providence’s individual and family plans here, including benefits, perks and other resources that are available through our plans. Our dedicated team of caregivers specializes in open enrollment and can help members navigate their options and answer questions. Contact information is available below.
I am not a Providence member but want to enroll in a Providence plan. How do I enroll in a Providence plan?
We have a variety of plans available to members with different needs. You can view all our plan offerings, including individual and family plans for 2022 here. If you are a business owner and want to offer Providence coverage to your employees, you can learn more about our employer options here.
Oregon residents may also purchase Providence individual and family plans through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace and financial assistance may be available to help with premiums. To see if you qualify for assistance, you can apply for coverage at HealthCare.gov.
If you are a resident in the state of Washington and reside in a Providence service area (Benton, Clark, Franklin, Spokane, Thurston and Walla Walla counties), individual and family plans may be purchased directly from Providence or through an insurance producer.
I am not a current Providence member but am thinking about making the change. What separates Providence from other available plans?
Providence is part of an integrated delivery network. Our network includes Providence hospitals, plus other community providers, totaling 57 hospitals and clinics and 18,699 physicians throughout Oregon and parts of Washington. This integrated network gives us the unique ability to see, and deliver on, the whole care picture for members.
Additionally, Providence is consistently rated by government and industry authorities for high-quality coverage and differentiated offerings, as evidenced by a 4.0 out of 5.0 rating from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), which evaluates health plans on the quality of care patients receive, how happy patients are with their care and health plans' efforts to keep improving.
What are some perks or benefits I can expect from a Providence plan?
Unique benefits and perks available to members include:
- An extended network of behavioral health resources, which includes:
- A direct access line to a dedicated behavioral health and substance abuse service support team that includes a crisis-trained staff, available 24/7 for members, which include the Providence Behavioral Health Concierge who can also help coordinate care resources for members
- Expanded telehealth and digital resources, such as virtual video sessions with licensed therapists and psychiatrists.
- Our ExpressCare Virtual platform that offers members 24/7 access to innovative telehealth care, including same-day appointments and the ability to connect with a provider from anywhere.
- Access to ProvRN, a resource that provides members with free 24/7 access to registered nurses who can answer health-related questions and help determine if in-person care is needed.
- Health and fitness tools to help members live well-balanced lives, including:
- A Health Coaching Program that connects you with a Providence health coach who can help you set and meet health and fitness goals, such as losing weight, quitting smoking and improving eating habits.
- Active&Fit Direct™ Program where you can choose from more than 16,000 participating fitness centers and YMCAs nationwide for $25 a month (plus a $25 enrollment fee and applicable taxes; 2-month commitment required), as well as access to 4,000 free digital workouts.**
- A ChooseHealthy® Program that allows you to save money on wellness products and memberships to help make better choices. This comprehensive online platform is available at no extra cost to Providence members. You can save up to 25% on specialty health provider services, and access free online resources and self-guided classes on health improvement.
What if I have additional questions?
For any questions on Individual or Family plans and benefits, please visit: https://www.providencehealthplan.com/individuals-and-families.
If you want to learn more about how health insurance works, please visit: https://www.providencehealthplan.com/members/benefits-101.
You can also contact a caregiver who is specialized in these plans by filling out and submitting this support form, or calling the below support lines:
- Local: 503-574-5000 (TTY: 711)
- Toll free: 800-988-0088 (TTY: 711)
You can read more about the 2022 open enrollment period here.
** Pricing, terms and programs for Active&Fit Direct™ are subject to change.