Virta is a provider-led, research-backed treatment that can help reverse type 2 diabetes, meaning that patients can lower their blood sugar and A1c, all while reducing diabetes medications and losing weight.
The Public Employees’ Benefit Board (PEBB) and Providence Health Plan fully cover the cost of Virta (valued at over $3,000) for you and your eligible family members with type 2 diabetes. Space is limited to the first 400 people to enroll, so apply today to secure your spot!
How does Virta work?
Virta helps patients make small but meaningful changes to their diet in order to achieve nutritional ketosis, which is a natural state of the body that lowers blood sugar and burns fat for energy. There is NO surgery, required exercise, or calorie counting on Virta.
With Virta’s personalized treatment plan, each patient gets medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies, educational tools like videos and recipes, and a private online support community.
Virta provides around-the-clock monitoring and care—there are no waiting rooms and no lines. With an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app, Virta can be done from anywhere.
Questions? Email Virta
Virta is available to PEBB members and eligible dependents between the ages of 18 and 79 who are enrolled in an eligible health plan through Providence Health Plan. This benefit is currently being offered to those with type 2 diabetes. There are some medical conditions that would exclude patients from the Virta treatment. Start the application process now to find out if you qualify. To enroll or opt out, click here and enter your personal information to create an account.
The Virta treatment includes:
- Medical Supervision: a metabolic health specialist (doctor, nurse, PA) who provides continuous medical supervision, check-ups, and safe medication reductions
- Personal, 1-on-1 Health Coach: a nutrition and behavior expert who answers questions and helps you form better habits
- Tools for Biomarker Feedback: supplies needed to measure blood glucose, ketones, weight, and more, which helps Virta personalize your treatment
- Mobile and Desktop App: an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app for immediate access to care
- On-Demand Resources: a structured online curriculum of videos and games, a library of guides, recipes, and food options for any dietary preference
- Private Virta Community: a positive, moderated environment where you can connect with other Virta patients to find support and share tips
- (6 min) How Virta Works - Overview of the science behind Virta, an explanation of type 2 diabetes, and how Virta’s reversal treatment works
- (1 min) How Virta Works - Short overview of the Virta program
- (10 min) A Day in the Life - Narrated by Virta’s Head of Clinical Education, see what patients experience as they go about a typical day while on the Virta treatment
- (2 min) Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with Virta Health - See what our patients say about the results that they have achieved in reversing type 2 diabetes through Virta